I just finished my first book! I’m so excited about it and can’t wait to share it. I have tons of material from my blogs from the last few years it was only fitting to write what lessons God and living life have taught me. From organizing the blogs, to putting them in categories and pulling quotes and tips. I created chapters and then I wrote and wrote. It took eight full months to complete. I felt like a rock star when I sent the email to a copy editor! Ahhhhh, I finished! There is something to be said about having a goal and completing it. To execute it isn’t always easy. Creating a plan is key.
1. Plan. Create a realistic plan to reach your goal. Make sure it’s a well thought out plan, you may have to do research.
2. Small. Make sure you start off with small steps. Each step should increase in complexity. Start of with the smallest achievable thing you can do to reach your goal. It will give you the momentum to go to the next step.
3. Deadline. Give yourself a deadline but make sure it’s realistic.
4. Accountability. Get an accountability partner you can trust. Share your goal with them and how you plan to execute it. A good accountability partner will hold you to your goal.
5. Distractions. Be ware of distractions. They will keep you from executing your plan by the deadline or all together. Fear, procrastination, lack of support, financial difficulty, resources, rejection, sickness, family dependency, disappointment or death are all distractions. Don’t allow them to keep you from you goal and ultimately your true destiny and purpose.
Make sure you have a plan to finish your goal. It’s only an idea if you don’t complete it. Dreams only come true if you have a plan to EXECUTE…
QUOTE: “The method of the enterprising is to plan with audacity and execute with vigor.” –Christian Nestell Bovee
TIP: Dream Big.
Great post, Stacy! And, congrats on completing your first book. I look forward to reading it. Your blog today is further inspiration for me, along with two podcasts I listened to this morning. One was from Dr. Wayne Dyer and the other one was from Oprah Winfrey.
Awesome! Thanks so much for the well wishes. It can be done and you CAN do it!
Thanks very interesting blog!
The ablitiy to think like that is always a joy to behold