“fit – fitness & health.”

I love to exercise! I enjoy mixing it up with running, fitness classes like spin, playing tennis, hiking or riding my bike. The key is to stay active.

It’s recommended that:

  • Adults need at least 30 minutes of physical activity most days of the week (5-6 days)
  • Children should get 60 minutes every day or most days.
  • Exercise with your family, take a walk or play together
  • Make a gym at home. Replace a stair machine, use real stairs instead + cans of food as weights
  • Keep moving, limit tv, computer + video games
Ms. Stacy Lloyd Fit Tips


There are some basic truths to eating properly. I mean the whole intention for food is nourishment, to fuel us to keep going throughout the day. I’m no expert, you can Google or log onto WebMD, better yet consult your physician for a plan to be healthy for your body type. I do however follow a few basic principles…

Eat food in its raw form. NO processed food. Fruits, vegetables, protein + grains are essential. I’m currently living a plant-based diet + I wouldn’t have it any other way. 

I eat anything that’s going to help push the food down, so salad, grainy oatmeal, granola + of course plenty of veggies + fruits. I exercise pretty heavy + run round like crazy so that’s proof that you don’t have to consume lots of meat to fuel your body. Here are a few more tips:

  • Low carb dinner
  • Meal timing, try intermittent fasting, eat dinner 3-hours before you go to bed
  • 200mg or less of caffeine, watch your coffee + pop intake
  • Daily sodium Intake between 1,500-2,500
  • Avoiding artificial sweeteners + preservatives
  • Build muscle, cause muscle burns FAT!
  • Cheat meals, 80-20 Rule, eat good 80% + give yourself a break the other 20%
  • Alcohol shuts down fat burning by 75% for 24 hours, “turn down for what?” uh those extra pounds you just might be gaining in the next 24-hours, hello.
Ms Stacy Lloyd eat tips

Change Eating Habits Gradually

Start small, once you’ve been successful for a week or more add another healthy habit. Don’t diet, change your lifestyle, it last longer. Dieting has an end date + you can’t put an end date on living healthy.

Eating Plenty of Fruits + Veggies

Try to eat five to nine servings a day. Bright, colorful fruits + veggies are rich in nutrients, eat different colors.

Avoid Trans Fats and Saturated Fats

Trans + saturated fats are found in margarine, fried foods + many packaged foods, read labels.  Use oil in moderation + use olive, canola or flaxseed oil.

 Eat Beans, Nuts, Fish or Lean Poultry instead of RED Meat

Red meat contains saturated fat so get your protein from other sources + limit red meat to twice a month.  You should eat two or three servings of protein per day.

Stick to Reduced Fat or Fat-Free Dairy Products

Many sources of calcium have a high fat content so by eating two to three servings of fat-free milk, yogurt or cheese each day, you’ll get the calcium + protein you need without the unwanted saturated fat.

Choose Whole, Unprocessed Grains

Eat brown rice instead of white. Pick whole grain cereal instead of flaked or puffed cereal.  Whole grains provide fiber, minerals + complex carbohydrates.

Eat Sugary, Salty, or High-Fat Snacks in Moderation

ONLY if you eat good + healthy 80 percent of the time then 20-percent/the occasional treat won’t hurt you, 80-20 Rule.

Meal Balance

Lean meats, healthy fats + low glycemic carbohydrates

Lean Meats 

Chicken, turkey (turkey bacon + turkey sausage), pork tenderloin, sirloin + flat iron steak/burger

Healthy Fats

Macadamia nut oil, olive oil, canola oil, avocados, fish, safflower oil, peanut oil + sesame oil


Stay Connected